Print This Page

JORVIC - Sale Agreed

..... Sold .....

A 1950 TWIN-SCREW MOTOR-YACHT designed by James McGruer and built by McGruer & Co. Ltd. of Clynder, Argyll for W Rowland Ingle of Churwell, Yorkshire

JORVIC - Sale Agreed
JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed JORVIC - Sale Agreed

Overall Length: 42ft (12.8m) :: Waterline: 39ft 4ins (11.93m) :: Beam: 10ft. 6ins (3.21m) :: Draught: 4ft (1.2m) :: Displacement: 18 Tons TM

Engine: Twin 42hp Thornycroft Diesel Engines :: Designer: James McGruer :: Builder: McGruer of Clynder :: Location: North-East

Sail: n/a :: Berths: Six Berths :: Year: 1950 :: Price: £60,000

Broker's Details:

HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:

Jorvic was built and launched in 1950 for W Rowland Ingle of  Fairways, Churwell, Yorkshire and named after the Viking City of York. The design, number 557 is by James McGruer, built by the well established family firm which is still a thriving business. The archive black and white images show Jorvic just prior to launching and on sea trails in the Gare Loch.

Jorvic is of traditional carvel construction with mahogany planking copper fastened to steam bent oak timbers and frames. The topsides were completely re-planked in mahogany by McGruers and Fraser Noble in 1999 and 2003/4, together with the deck covering boards and beam shelves. Teak laid foredeck over marine ply, replaced in 2004. Afromosia laid aft deck. Varnished teak deck house, hatches and capping rails.

Straight plumb stem, canoe stern, round bilges and long iron ballast keel.

Traditional accommodation with original varnished teak joinery. Eberspacher warm air heating system.

Twin berth fore cabin.

Saloon with settee berths to port and starboard.

Galley with two burner gas cooker having hot plate oven and grill. Two stainless steel sinks. electric water pump. Pressurised hot and cold water supply. Cutlery and crockery. Pantry lockers.

Heads Compartment with marine manual pump wc.

Aft stateroom with twin berths, fitted lockers and drawers.

Wheelhouse with helm to starboard, helmsmans seat. Signal flag locker. Stowe navigator 1, log speed and depth.

Engine room housing the Twin 42hp Thornycroft four cylinder diesel engines, fitted new in 1966.

500 litres fuel capacity and 250 litres fresh water.

220 volt shore power, 12 volt and 220 volt power points, battery charger.

Flybridge helm.

INVENTORY:

Electric windlass, 45lb CQR anchor and chain, anchor davit, fenders, warp, search light, dinghy davits and 10ft clinker mahogany dinghy. Life jackets, Whale Gusher bilge pump and electric and manual bilge pumps.

BROKERS NOTE:

An attractive well built, quality motor-yacht from one of Scotland's most well known boatbuilders. Offering good liveaboard / extended cruising accommodation in a convenient sized vessel, ideal for coastal, estuary or river use. July 2009 survey. Professionally re-fitted during 2013 /14. Black & white images from launch and sea trail in 1950.

Guide: SOLD - Spring 2015

Lying: Essex

Viewing: Through the agents CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE