HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
In the Summer of 1932 D S Wilkinson approached London naval architect Captain O M Watts to design a long distance liveaboard motor yacht, ideal for two people. Ichneumon , as she was named was built by Frank Curtis of Looe, Cornwall. Ichneumon was featured in The Motor Boat Magazine in August 1932 the new owners taking delivery later that year.
Sir Harold Moore became the second registered owner followed by Col. Wheatley in 1950 who re-named the vessel Melody Maid.
In 1953 Alexis L Gony took up ownership transferring the vessel to Canne. In 1980 Michael Lecerf of Corsica bought the vessel and in 2010 she was acquired by the current owners.
A traditional, typically English displacement motor-yacht from the board of a well known designer. Amira has been the subject of a major re-build in recent years and now requires some completion of the interior to suit a new owners requirements. Amira is in commission and offers a good opportunity to purchase a classic 1930’s motor-yacht of style and elegance.
VIEWING: Through the brokers – CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE