HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
A traditional 1930’s style motor-yacht designed by the well known Scottish naval architect William McBryde of Kirn, Argyll and built by the respected boat builders Smiths of Goole in 1954.
Fiorina was based in Whitby, North Yorkshire during the 1950s and 60s in the ownership of C L Thomas of Guisborough, a member of the Whitby Yacht Club. In 1970 L D Jenkins of Overburn, York acquired the vessel and moved her on to the River Ouse at Naburn.
Carvel construction, copper fastened to steam bent oak timbers. Round bilge, transom stern, long keel, plumb stem. Teak laid deck and varnished mahogany superstructure.
Many original features with period hardware to include chrome cowl vents, searchlight and stanchions. Signals mast and skylight.
Twin 4108 Perkins 35hp diesel engine, recent gearbox over-haul. Three batteries.
Traditional principally original interior with polished mahogany joinery.
Aft stateroom with three berths, forward saloon with two settee berths, separate galley with twin burner gas cooker with oven and grill, sink with pressurised water system, lockers. Heads compartment with marine wc.
An attractive period style motor-yacht from the board of a well known designer. Offered as a going concern but requiring some on-going restoration to hull planking and the transom. A worth-while and interesting project, currently used as a liveaboard on the River Thames. BSS Cerificate.
Contact us for more information, photographs or to arrange an appointment to view
Owner supplied images, more available to view on main webpage.
Viewing: Through the brokers