HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
Frou-Frou was designed by E P Hart in the late 1940’s for Squadron Leader W S S Harper of Woodhayes, Southampton. The Squadron Leader chose a local yacht yard, Husband’s of Cracknore Hard to build the yacht, number 206.
In 1957 R F Jarrett of Sevenoaks became the next registered owner keeping Frou-Frou on a mooring at Gillingham. The Norris family acquired the vessel in 1965 and moved Frou-Frou to Port St. Mary on the Isle of Man. The present owner purchased the vessel from the family in 2001.
Carvel pitch-pine planking copper fastened to oak frames and timbers. Re-bedded iron ballast keel with one inch stainless-steel bolts. Sheathed pine decks. Teak cabin coamings and cockpit.
Accommodation for four in two cabins. Double berth fore cabin. Two saloon settee berths and starboard pipecot aft. Marine wc. Galley with Plastimo two burner cooker with oven and grill. Sink unit, gas heater.
18hp Yanmar twin cylinder 16HL sea-water cooled diesel engine. Engine serviced March 2013. Stainless steel shaft direct drive through flexible coupling, three blade bronze propeller. Two 110amp batteries.
17 gallon fuel tank. Two 42 litre fresh water tanks.
40ft aluminium deck stepped mast with stainless steel standing rigging. Roller reefing foresail, mainsail, all sails five years old.
CQR bower anchor with 30 metres of chain
Six person liferaft (new 2008)
Danbuoy and horseshoe type lifebelts
Garmin GPS MAP 180
Raymarine 2000+ Autopilot
M Tech 5 x 35 DSC Multi Channel VHF
Plastimo Contest 130 Compass
An extremely well maintained traditional cruising yacht fully restored some years ago.
April 2013 survey concludes ‘the boat was found to be in very good condition both structurally and cosmetically’
Lying: Isle of Man
Viewing: Through the brokers CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE”