42ft. CLASSIC TWIN-SCREW MOTOR YACHT – built McGruers 1950 – Lying: Essex

A 1950 TWIN-SCREW MOTOR-YACHT designed by James McGruer and built by McGruer & Co. Ltd. of Clynder, Argyll for W Rowland Ingle of Churwell, Yorkshire

SOLD

Boat Details

Overall Length: 42ft
Waterline: 39ft 2ins
Beam: 10ft 6ins
Draught: 4ft
Displacement: 18 Tons T M
Engine: Pair 42hp Thornycroft Diesels
Berths: Six Berths in Three Cabins
Sail: n/a
Designer: James McGruer/ Rowland Ingle
Builder: McGruers
Year Built: 1950
Location: East Coast

HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:

JORVIK was built and launched in 1950 for W Rowland Ingle of Fairways, Churwell, Yorkshire and named after the Viking City of York. The design, number 557 is by James McGruer, built by the well-established family firm which is still a thriving business. The archive black and white images show Jorvik just prior to launching and on sea trials in the Gare Loch.

JORVIK is of traditional carvel construction with mahogany planking copper fastened to steam bent oak timbers and frames. The topsides were completely re-planked in mahogany by McGruers and Fraser Noble in 1999 and 2003/4, together with the deck covering boards and beam shelves. Teak laid foredeck over marine ply, replaced in 2004. Afromosia laid aft deck. Varnished teak deckhouse, hatches and capping rails.

Straight plumb stem, canoe stern, round bilges and long iron ballast keel.
Traditional accommodation with original varnished teak joinery. Eberspacher warm air heating system.
Twin berth fore cabin.
Saloon with settee berths to port and starboard.
Galley with two-burner gas cooker having hot plate oven and grill. Two stainless steel sinks. electric water pump. Pressurised hot and cold water supply. Cutlery and crockery. Pantry lockers.
Heads Compartment with marine manual pump wc.
Aft stateroom with twin berths, fitted lockers and drawers.
Wheelhouse with helm to starboard, helmsman’s seat. Signal flag locker. Stowe Navigator 1, log speed and depth.

Engine room housing the Twin 42hp Thornycroft four-cylinder diesel engines, fitted new in 1966.
500 litres fuel capacity and 250 litres freshwater.
220-volt shore power, 12-volt and 220-volt power points, battery charger.
Flybridge helm.

INVENTORY:

Electric windlass, 45lb CQR anchor and chain, anchor davit, fenders, warp, searchlight, dinghy davits and 10ft clinker mahogany dinghy. Life jackets, Whale Gusher bilge pump and electric and manual bilge pumps.

BROKERS NOTE:

An attractive well built, quality motor-yacht from one of Scotland’s most well-known boatbuilders. Offering good liveaboard / extended cruising accommodation in a conveniently sized vessel, ideal for coastal, estuary or river use. July 2009 survey. Professionally re-fitted during 2013 /14 with further on-going work required. Black and white images from launch and sea trial in 1950.

Guide: SOLD – June 2020

Lying: Essex

Viewing: Through the broker’s CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE

Privacy Preference Center

    Necessary

    Advertising

    Analytics

    Other