HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
A traditional motor launch believed to have been built by a River Thames yard during the 1930’s, possibly as a tender or Trinity House boarding boat.
During the 1960s and early 70’s Musette was owned by a retired dental surgeon on West Mersea. She then became a start and rescue boat for the Dabchicks Sailing Club. Musette was then brought over to Tollesbury and used for fishing and pleasure. In 1987 she was laid-up at Frost & Drake’s yard where a part-time fifteen year complete restoration began. The wheelhouse was added at this time and a modern engine installed. Hydraulic steeering replaced the original tiller steering.
Re-launced in 2005 Musette returned to hooking for a few years before being offered for sale and bought by the current owner in 2008.
Conventional lapstrake construction, pitch-pine strakes copper fastened to steamed oak timbers. Oak centre-line structure and keel with steel shoe. Mahogany hog and stern knee. Oak rubbing strake. Marine-ply deck over-laid with iroko supported by oak deck beams, replaced during the re-build. Teak cabin coamings. Teak faced ply and iroko wheelhouse structure. Sheathed T & G pine coachroof.
Two berth cabin, settee / berths to port & starboard.
Large aft cockpit with engine casing housing the 20hp Yanmar 2GM20 develpoing 16hp at 3400rpm. 50 litre stainless steel fuel tank. Three blade bronze propeller. Vetus hydraulic steering.
Danforth anchor with quarter inch chain.
Spruce signals mast
Stainless steel pulpit
Folding kedge anchor
Electric bilge pump
Two 110ah batteries
Garmin Combined Plotter
Navman VHF Radio
5hp Mariner Auxiliary OB Motor
A most attractive traditional lauch ideal for river or estuary use offered in good order throughout. Excellent October 2008 survey report. Vessels like this are becoming increasingly rare and offer the owner and their family a great deal of pleasure pottering about on the water.
Lying: East Coast
Viewing: Through the brokers