HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
SAMSARA is a traditional Danish Hajkotter fully re-fitted in 2005 for blue-water cruising and circumnavigation. She was designed and built in 1924 by J P Nipper of Skagen for her first owner fisherman Jorgensen, who fished in the Baltic and North Seas. During the Second World War, SAMARA was requisitioned for use by the Navy. In 1961 Skipper Larsen bought the vessel for fishing. Under various ownerships, she fished until 1978, lastly by Hendrikson. After a period of neglect, a new shipwright owner took her to the Netherlands for a complete re-built which extended to 15 years in total. The current owners have completed the extensive re-fit in Hellevoetsluis and are now circumnavigating with the family.
21m overall, including bowsprit, 16.8m registered length, waterline 15m, draught (loaded) 2.2m ballast 3.5 tonnes, 38 registered tonnage, fuel capacity 1,400 litres, fresh-water capacity 1,400 litres, 400 litres black-water capacity, 400 litres grey-water capacity.
Main mast 20m, aolid larch, 13m mizzen, larch, bowsprit 4m larch. Main sail 54 sq.m. fore staysail 16 sq.m. jib 13.5 sq.m. kite 12 sq.m. mizzen 33.5 sq.m. topsail 12 sq.m. Total = 140 sq.m.
135hp DAF 825 six cylinder diesel engine with PRM gearbox, about 750 hours. 70cms bronze, three-blade propeller.
7kw KOHLER Generator (new 2013)
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE – 01905-356482