HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
Nosila, built for George White of Chippenham by Henry Horny & Co of Wallasey, Merseyside to a motor-sailer design by Arthur Comben was registered and launched in December 1946. George White, a member of the Law Society Yacht Club, on retirement moved in 1955 from Chippenham to Alderney, most likely taking Nosila down to the Channel Iles. After his death Nosila remained in the ownership of Mrs J White for a number of years.
In 1963 Nosila was sold to Captain J M A Wilson, RN (ret) a JP from Chichester, who also owned three other yachts including the 55ft. Charmaine. The captain, from Newells Green, kept Nosila at Emsworth. In the late 1960’s he sold Nosila to Anthony Kewell of Worthing, Sussex. The original Hyland engine was relaced in 1968 with an Ailsa Craig diesel. Anthony, who also moored Nosila at Emsworth owned the boat through to the 1980’s.
Purchased by the present owner some years ago a comprehensive refit was undertaken in 2008 whilst taking care to retain the character and period style of the vessel. Work included new coachroof coamings, new stem, five new planks, new starboard deck carlin, four new deck beams with further work on-going.
Traditional carvel construction with larch planking copper fastened to steam bent timbers, substantial scantlings as in most Hornby built vessels. Sheathed marine-ply decks over pitch-pine planking, painted mahogany superstructure with a later addition wheel-shelter covering the forward cockpit area with canvas awning and screens aft. Long cast iron ballast keel.
Five berths in two cabins with double in fore-cabin and double and single berths in the spacious saloon with galley with full sized sink, pantry and crockery lockers, two water tanks with 1,000 litre capacity, two burner gas cooker with oven, 12 /240 volt fridge and heads compartment with vanitory unit, shower and marine wc.
Wheel-Shelter with port helm position, chart stowage, locker seating. Garmin sounder, Garmin log, Auto-piolt 3000, Garmin GPS, VHF,
65hp BMC Commodore Diesel Engine, serviced March 2012. 48 litre fuel tank capacity. Three blade propeller. Two batteries. 240 volt shore power.
Windlass, 35lb Bower anchor, 140ft. chain, three bilge pumps, 25lb CQR Anchor.
Boat Safety Certificate to 2013.
An attractive motor-sailer from the board of a well known and successful naval architect and built by the famous Merseyside yard of Hornby’s. Ideal vessel for coastal cruising or extended live-aboard. Last surveyed 2008.
Photographs ashore taken on 25th March 2012 show the on-going renovation work. Offers will be considered prior to completion of the repairs.
Viewing: Through the brokers, firstname.lastname@example.org / 01905-356482 / 07949-095075