HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
White Flame (ex: Wytch) was built for W R Lawrence, owner of The Grand Hotel, Bournemouth in 1922 to a design by E P Hart of Oxford Street, Southampton. The famous yard, Berthon Boat Company of Lymington built her to a high standard of mahogany on oak, copper sheathed below the waterline. Twin Atlantic petrol engines were fitted from new.
Registered in Southampton, official no. 145385 and stationed in Poole, possibly for use by hotel guests. In 1939, the second registered owner was A G Gwynne of Bournemouth followed in 1950 by W F Blackhall of Parkstone, Dorset. In 1960, now renamed White Flame , in the ownership of Alan Lord Ltd of Portland Place, London and moved on to the River Thames.
Twin 72hp Vosper Ford engines were fitted. In 1970 Edgar White was living aboard at the Guards Boat Club at Maidenhead, followed in 1974 by John Wallis also living aboard at the club. Twin 40hp Morris engines replaced the rather large Vosper-Fords. Port of Registry was transfered to London.
In the current ownership White Flame has been extensively refurbished. A new 240/12 volt system fitted and new Mikuni diesel heater fitted.
Four/Five Berths in Two Cabins.
Twin 48hp Perkins 4108 Diesel Engines.
A well maintained vintage motor-yacht of immense style and elegance. A wonderful motor-yacht for exploring the River Thames and beyond and offering space for extended cruising or living aboard.
A rare survivor from the 1920s.
LYING: River Thames
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE